Thursday, January 21, 2016

Reorganizing and Rearranging

The great thing about having a studio is that I don't have to clean up in the middle of a project.
Paint and paper and what-not can float around, and layer up, and remain undisturbed, 
while I come and go. 
This works right up to that moment when the air suddenly seems too thick with old ideas, and it's time sweep away the clutter and let in some new thoughts!

Here's my work space all nice and clean, with the furniture in new places, and my faithful studio dog, Kye, settled into his bed.

The first thing I did was complete this piece, started before the holidays, 
and then left sitting for a few weeks.

Here's a close-up.
I'm continuing to use the texture of torn paper to explore illusions of depth and movement.

This is the final version of 'Night Wind'.
I'm beginning to see connections between the textural surface of this collage technique and wood block prints, specifically the use of line and cross-hatching.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my silver display. I don't think I have ever visited you before and I am so impressed with your art. It is so creative, imaginative, and lovely. I like to fool around occasionally with acrylics, but I am a gross amateur. Your work is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete